Introduction to the Edgeware Contracts Workshop
Edgeware is blockchain platform with support WASM Contracts Pallet and EVM Ethereum compatibility layer.
This is a self-guided tutorial which will teach you how to build both WASM and EVM-based smart contracts on Edgeware.
In the WASM tutorials, we will cover:
- Installing prerequisites on your computer
- Using the ink! CLI to start a new project
- Building and testing your contract
- Deploying your contract on a local Edgeware node
- Interacting with your contract using the Polkadot UI
- Creating a basic flipper contract
- Creating a simple incrementer contract
- Creating a more complex ERC20 contract
- Implement the PSP22 Token Standard to a contract - with OpenBrush implementation
In the EVM tutorials, we will cover:
- Setting up an Edgeware node
- Setting up Metamask to work with Edgeware
- Using Remix as an Ethereum IDE to compile, deploy, and call a contract
- Using Truffle to deploy a contract to Edgeware
- Using Web3.js to interact with Edgeware contracts programmatically
We would love for you to give feedback in these early stages, so please feel free to open a PR or comment on Commonwealth!
How to participate in the Edgeware Developers Guild - builders community
We have links to all resources accessible from one point: linktr.ee/edg_developers.
All our rooms are bridged so you can come in comfortable with your preferred chat platform.
Chats - Technical
Chats - Governance
- Element: Edgeware Governacne
- Telegram: Edgeware GWG / Council
- Telegram: Edgeware General
- Telegram: Edgeware Validators
- Smart Contracts vs Runtime Modules
- Parity Ink! Smart Contract Language
- Ink! Docs
- WebAssembly (Wasm)
- Substrate EVM Module
- Ink! Tutorial
- OpenBrush Contracts